Video poker: Become an online poker AS
Other articles on online video poker
Poker is a game from the family of card games, with several formulas and variations. It is played by several players, and there are usually 52 cards and tokens representing the amount of the bet on the deck. This card game has the particularity of combining strategy and luck. When you play a poker game, there is always excitement and players will certainly have a new experience. Here are the main features, art and poker.
Above all, the object of the game is to win the opponents’ tokens by making the best combination of five cards or by making them give up the move.
As mentioned above, poker is a card game available in several different versions. Poker brings several players together around chips as a wager and fifty-two cards, for most variations. Poker is a game with a huge reputation these days.
Essential knowledge to play
Aim of the game: in a poker game, regardless of the version played, bids and licences are closely monitored. For each of the participants, the objective is to make the best five-card combination and of course to take possession of the opponents’ tokens by getting them to leave the game by various means, in particular by using the famous « bluff » technique, which consists of making the opponent believe that you have a strong combination in your hand when the reality is quite different.
Poker Hands: Poker hands are always made up of five cards and their value is strictly the same regardless of the variant played. Here’s a list of possible poker hands:
- The Royal Flush is the most powerful hand in the game. You must have a 10, Jack, Queen, King, Ace of the same suit;
- Straight flush has 5 consecutive cards of the same suit (e.g. Ace of hearts, Deuce of hearts, Three of hearts, Four of hearts and Five of hearts);
- The four of a kind consists of four cards of the same rank (e.g. four Jacks);
- The full house consists of a three of a kind and a pair (e.g. a three of a kind and a pair of kings);
- The suit consists of five cards of the same suit that are not in sequence (e.g. a two of spades, a four of spades, a ten of spades, a queen of spades and a six of spades);
- Straight consists of five consecutive cards that do not belong to the same suit (e.g. Ace of spades, Two of hearts, Three of diamonds, Four of spades and Five of clubs);
- Three of a kind consists of three cards of the same rank (e.g. Three Kings),
- Having « two pairs » means having two pairs in hand (two Queens and two Tens for example);
- The pair is a very regular hand, you have two cards of the same number (two fours for example) ;
- The single card is the weakest hand. The highest card in the player’s possession is taken into account.
It goes without saying that the player with the strongest combination between the hands wins the game, except of course in the case where an opponent has managed, thanks to a bluff, to incite him to leave the game, thus pocketing the winnings in his place!
The stakes: Poker is above all a game of money. This implies that the player, whatever the version of poker, is required to invest an initial bet that is called the « cellar« . The cave is the term used to designate the value of the chips at the beginning of a game and its amount fluctuates according to the player’s losses and gains.
Game strategy: Although poker is a game of chance, it is also a game of strategy. To this extent, playing poker requires a perfect command of the rules of the game and a thorough understanding of the various possible probabilities in the game as a whole. It is also important to take into account the mechanisms of the game and the card distribution systems. Finally, it is important to know how to control oneself and keep one’s composure while being able to analyse the behaviour of opponents.
Example of a variation
Texas hold’em is the most played and best known variant. Each player is dealt 2 private cards, and the first round of betting or pre-flop follows. The dealer then lays 3 community cards (flop) face up on the table and proceeds to the second round of betting. Then one card (the turn) is placed face up next to the flop before the next bet. Finally, a final open card (the river) is placed on the table followed by the last round of betting. In total, there are 4 betting rounds. To form his 5 cards, each player has the right to use one of his 2 private cards associated with 4 community cards or his 2 private cards associated with 3 community cards. There are several other variations.
Playing online poker
Nowadays, playing online poker is no longer a secret for anyone. Online gambling sites abound. Usually, virtual poker sites provide their clients with poker software to install. Often, players must first register and pay to be able to play. It is possible to play for free and practice before entering the world of poker.
Poker, is a new game, which provides a feeling that cannot be found anywhere else. Putting your brain and soul into winning is the real secret to possessing the keys to the art of poker.
FAQ : Video poker
How to play online poker?
The slightest deviation can cost you a huge price!
- Don’t play for more than 15 to 20 minutes, as your concentration will quickly diminish.
- You can only play when you are in good health.
- Choose the time and place carefully.
- Always stay focused.
- Get some rest.
- Play a little.
- Set yourself limits for playing.
- No impulses.
What are the rules of poker?
Usually, the winner of each poker hand is the player whose cards are revealed (with the best hand) at the end of the move (this step is called a « showdown »), or the player who made the last unselected bet.